- Full manual operation and mechanical control
- Mechanical shutter: 1/4,000 second top shutter speed
- Top flash sync speed of 1/250 second
- Three interchangeable finder screens
- Continuous shooting of up to 3.2 frames per second (fps) with Motor Drive MD-12
- A successor of this camera is Nikon FM3A (2001).
Exposure control Manual Shutter speed Mechanical 1/4,000 to 1 second, plus B (long exposure) Exposure metering Center-Weighted, TTL full-aperture metering; EV 1 to 18 at ISO 100 with f/1.4 lens Power requirements One 3V CR1/3N lithium battery, or two 1.55V SR44 silver-oxide batteries, or two 1.5V LR44 alkaline batteries Dimensions (W x H x D) Approx. 142.5 x 90 x 60mm (5.6 x 3.5 x 2.4 in.) Weight (body only without batteries) Approx. 540g (19 oz.) Body finish Chrome and Black available